Law Student Extern Spotlight: Mackenzie Redinger
Every spring and fall, Hilton Parker law firm hosts an externship program that turns our offices into the training ground for the next generation of great litigators. Mackenzie “Mack” Redinger is one such intern from Capital University, and he experienced tremendous growth during his four months at our firm. Mack, who recently graduated and is taking the bar exam this summer, chose Hilton Parker LLC because he wanted to do the “real work” of litigation attorneys and learn more about their day-to-day practice.
Mack spent over 100 hours learning the nuts and bolts of litigation, and he received hands-on mentoring from our attorneys multiple times per week. Some of the key tasks that he learned to perform included:
- Drafting Complaints for cases brought under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”)
- Writing applications for entry of default and motions for default judgment
- Getting discovery started through drafting Rule 26(f) reports
- Propounding discovery requests
- Drafting summary judgment motions for FDCPA cases
- Seizing a debt collector’s bank assets after entry of a judgment
During his time working with us, Mack was able to learn the ropes of both consumer law and small business litigation law. As a former non-profit group coach, Mack is passionate about giving back to the community. He was able to spend time at Hilton Parker LLC expanding access to justice by serving some traditionally underrepresented groups. We are excited to see what the future has in store for Mack after the bar exam and are proud of what he accomplished here.